Whether you suffered financial loss or not, the negligence suffered at the hands of poor service from insurance brokers or financial advisers can be challenged and financial recompense still achieved.
Did your financial adviser or insurance broker do any of the following?
- provided inadequate insurance cover
- failed to insure some or all of the risks you specified
- provided a policy that was not appropriate for your needs
- not followed your instructions resulting in you suffering financial loss
- failed to actually have the policy issued
- failed to report a risk to the insurance company in time or, at all
- failed to renew the policy when instructed by you to do so
- dealt with a claim in a negligent manner causing you financial loss
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of the above, you may have a claim for professional negligence against your financial adviser or insurance broker.
Insurance brokers are generally independent with no obligation to only recommend one insurance company. Sometimes they benefit financially if they sell or recommend a specific insurance product and this may amount to negligent mis-selling.
I think I have a claim for negligence against my financial adviser or insurance broker. What do I do now?
Contact the team at Sue The Expert today. Our team have expertise in negotiating appropriate compensation on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. Call our team on 0345 052 3529 or click here to use our online contact form.